- 6 8 inch Tortillas makes about 24-30 rounds
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter melted
for the cheesecake filling
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
for the homemade Apple Filling Option
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 3-4 medium apples peeled, cored and diced in to 1/4-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons water
for the canned apple filling option
- Pre-heat oven to 400 F. Combine graham cracker crumbs and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Cut 4-5 rounds out of each tortilla shell with a cookie cutter to get about 24-30 shells. Dip each into melted butter then coat in graham mixture crumbs.
- Flip a muffin tin upside down. Place the tortilla pieces in between muffin cups. Bake 10 minutes until just golden brown. Let cool in pan.
- In a medium size pan, melt butter, add apples, spices, brown sugar and 3 Tablespoons water. Cook over medium-high heat, for 4-6 minutes or until apples very slightly softened.
- In a small dish combine cornstarch and 2 Tablespoons water. Add to pan while stirring and continue to cook until apples are tender, and filling is thickened, about 4-5 minutes. Cool.
- Beat cream cheese, heavy cream, powdered sugar, lemon zest and vanilla for 2 minutes, using medium speed, until it thickens. Chill in the fridge for 30 minutes. Transfer to a piping bag.
- Pipe the taco shells with cream cheese filling and top with 1/2 tsp apple pie filling. Sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs, optional! Enjoy!